Cryptocurrency – Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc
Texas is a community property state, so you must split the assets that you acquired after your marriage with your spouse. It’s fairly straight forward to dispose of some kinds of assets, but cryptocurrency provides a unique and novel set of challenges.
At Law Office of Nikki Hudman, we know cryptocurrency, and we know how to deal with it in a divorce. Additionally, we have experience with high value individuals. Furthermore, as a Board Certified family law attorney based in Austin, Texas, you are in good hands with Nikki Hudman.
How do we deal with cryptocurrency in a Divorce?
Cryptocurrency presents a complex issue because, unlike most assets, it is not associated with an individual’s name. Therefore, it can be difficult to trace these assets and prove their value. You need a lawyer that knows how to:
- Identify different kinds of cryptocurrency (Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other coin) and understand their market potential and current value
- Identify and track sources of income used to purchase cryptocurrency
- Collect information from a Cryptocurrency exchange
- Identify all wallets and accounts used by an individual
- Trace exchanges (follow the money)
- Determine current holdings
- Perform valuation of cryptocurrency assets
Discuss How To Protect your Interests
Contact our law firm to schedule a consultation. There, you can talk more about your cryptocurrency issues and how and how to best protect your interests. To make your consultation, contact us now or call us today at (512) 827-8529.